BASIC JOB INFORMATION
- Job Category: Agriculture, Business Development
- Job Level: Full time
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Job Location: Kathmandu, Nepal (with frequent visits out of the valley on a need basis)
- Offered Salary: Competitive
TEAM AND ROLE OVERVIEW
- The Outreach and Farmer Onboarding Officer is a full-time position at aQysta Nepal.
- The Outreach and Farmer Onboarding Officer will work to expand aQysta’s Grown. Farm Incubator in Nepal, on-boarding more farmers/ farmer-cooperatives, and other partner organizations.
Are you entrepreneurial, proactive, and unafraid to share new ideas with diverse stakeholders?
Do you have a good network of farmer groups and knowledge of crop pocket areas of Nepal?
Do you want to bring innovation in the agricultural value chain so as to make farming profitable for Nepali smallholder farmers?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this could be the perfect position for you where you can apply your professional passion for leading in the job role of Outreach and Farmer Onboarding Officer.
As such, Outreach and Farmer Onboarding Officer will be at the heart of aQysta’s mission of empowering smallholder farmers.
Execute the GROWN farm incubator expansion plan by:
- Identifying potential areas for expanding Farm Incubator.
- Onboarding farmers and farmer groups by conducting meetings with them and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carrying out expectation management and intermittent monitoring of farmers/groups of already onboarded clusters.
- Establishing partnerships with government and non-government organizations working with smallholder farmers
- Ensuring a supply of agricultural products/crops from premium/standard and Graduate Package farmer clusters to meet the market demand generated by Agri-Sales and Marketing team.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
Minimum of 2 years working experience of working closely with farmers/farmers groups/ cooperatives/Micro Financial Institutions (MFIs).
Having practical experience in relationship management and building functional alliance with local farmers/groups.
Having a Bachelors degree BSc.in Agriculture/Agronomy, Bachelors in Business Studies, Administration or related field. Candidates with other backgrounds but with strong work experience will also be considered.
Excellent communication skills to communicate with diverse stakeholders ranging from farmers, government officials, business partners and international colleagues.
Strong presentation skills (verbal, interactive and with preparing slides etc.)
Commendable negotiation skills.
Able to plan work, structured way of working and capable of organizing the team and oneself.
Entrepreneurial, self-driven and proactive in work approach.
Candidates possessing a valid driving license will be preferred.
The position will be compensated based on a fixed and variable component based on performance.
WHAT WE OFFER & EXPECT
At aQysta, you are welcome to join a diverse international team of driven, ambitious, young professionals who proudly own the company’s purpose – ‘to enable smallholder farmers to sustain themselves and their families with just farming.’
aQysta provides an open-minded and safe working environment that encourages innovative thinking, ownership, and taking on responsibilities. aQysta provides ample room and tools for you to unleash your creativity and skills to excel in the work you do.
As a company, aQysta adopts global best practices and believes in taking an active role in its employee’s growth, by providing them with the challenges, freedom and support required such that they hone their skills, develop confidence and shine as stellar professionals.